SetSail BizAccel (SetSail) provides the right scheme that allows you to develop and validate your ideas. A common question for a new entrepreneur is where to start? That's why we offer counseling to you, who are interested and excited in working with something new by establishing your own innovation project that can turn out to be an enterprise.
Starting a company while remaining at the university
As interesting as it sounds, starting a company while studying on campus never been that easy. BUT there's no fun when we play safe, huh? To be able to validate your ideas (even the craziest idea can be useful tho) is the best thing ever! At such a young age you are more than welcome to try any kind of business that you want; despite that, we have mentors to guide you so you will never feel alone.
What's on your mind?
1. "I want to become an entrepreneur"
We give many opportunities for you to develop your innovation and entrepreneurship skills. You can receive startup counseling both if you are still working on developing a sustainable idea and if you already have an idea, you could turn it into reality.
What will you learn?
- Take a personality profile test and know more about your professional strengths
- Learn practical skills about entrepreneurship, business models, prototyping and networking
- Get a chance to pitch your own ideas
- Meet more entrepreneurs and like-minded students
2. "I have an idea"
As President University's student, you can get insight into testing and developing your business ideas. By joining the BizAccel Startup activities, you can know useful materials for changing a potential idea into a company.
You will be challenged to:
- Trial and verify your business ideas through hands-on experiments
- Put an edge on your business focus by learning relevant start-up models and ways
- Work in teams get to know how to turn a great idea into a great company
- Make a prototype of your product and pitch it to our coaches
3. "I have my own company"
Do you have a company that you would like to expand and raise? You can get help from SetSail BizAccel.
- Funding - Are you looking for funding opportunities for your company? We can give you pieces of information to find funding possibilities through our partners from government, funding agency, corporation, and angel investor.
- Mentors - Many entrepreneurs face the same difficulties when starting a company or working with innovation processes in existing businesses. Therefore, it can be valuable for you to have a mentor, who can help you by giving good encouragement. You can be paired with a suitable mentor through our mentorship program. So that you can gain experience from more experienced entrepreneurs and managers in commerce and industry through discussion.
- Internal and external networks - Students have internal and external networks. You can get access to these for your own good and you can contribute to these networks.
These are what an incubator could do to help you boost your startups:
- on-site training, consulting, and support resources to help guide startups to success
- shared common areas, that can encourage knowledge and brainstorm transfer between teams
- a variety of equipment to maximize your productivity
- a place where you can meet your potential co-workers