Government scholarship to study Indonesian language and culture
DARMASISWA is a scholarship programme offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa, art and culture. Participants can choose President University as one of the official universities listed as the organiser of the programme. This programme is organised by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN’s (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN countries. However, in 1976 this programme was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and the USA. In early 90's, this program was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. To date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 80 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and to increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries. At President University, DARMASISWA is considered as one of our core programs for campus internationalization. Therefore, we have prepared a comprehensive year-long program specifically designed to ensure that students will get a memorable experience during their time here. At the end of the program, students will not only be able to converse in bahasa Indonesia, but also understand its culture and way of life through the various cultural events and activities at President University and visiting lots of renowned tourism spots and cultural centers in Indonesia.
1. Preferably student
2. Has completed secondary education or its equivalent
3. Minimum age 17 years and not older than 35 years of age
4. Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia (proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
5. In good health as proven by a Medical Certificate (medical check-up result)
7. Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying
1. Curriculum vitae/resume
2. Medical certificate
3. Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2017)
4. Recommendation Letter from Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
5. Last academic transcript and certificate (in English)
6. Language certificate (if applicable)
7. Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable)
8. Writing essay about purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia with a maximum 500 words)
1. Students’ monthly stipend at President University
2. Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
3. Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
4.Students legal permit arrangement will be supported by President University and the Ministry of Education and Culture.
1. Online registration – January until March
2. Interview at related Indonesian Embassy/Indonesian Consulate General – February until March
3. Selection by the University (online) – March until April
4. Announcement – April
5. Attendance confirmation – April
6. Final announcement – May
7. Flight itinerary confirmation – May until August
8. Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia – August
9. Estimated arrival and orientation at Indonesia – Late August
10. Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia – August
1. Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in DARMASISWA RI official website . Prospective students who are not in the students’ home country are not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship)
2. Upload your documents
3. When you are asked to choose university, choose President University
Jababeka Education Park, Cikarang Utara
Bekasi, Jawa Barat 17550
Contact person: email@example.com