DARMASISWA is a scholarship programme offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa, art and culture. Participants can choose President University as one of the official universities listed as the organiser of the programme. This programme is organised by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The DARMASISWA programme was introduced in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this programme was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and USA. In early 90's, this programme was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. To date, the number of countries participating in this programme have reached more than 80 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA programme is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the young generation in other countries. It is also designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries. At President University, DARMASISWA is considered as one of our core programmes for campus internationalisation. Therefore, we have prepared a comprehensive year-long programme specifically designed to ensure that students will get a memorable experience during their time here. At the end of the programme, students will not only be able to converse in bahasa Indonesia, but also understand its culture and way of life through the various events and activities at President University and some renowned tourism spots and cultural centres in Indonesia.
1. Preferably student;
2. Has completed secondary education or its equivalent;
3. Minimum age 17 years and not older than 35 years of age;
4. Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia (proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
5. In good health as proven by a Medical Certificate;
6. Passport-sized photo;
7. Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying
1. Curriculum vitae/resume
2. Medical sertificate
3. Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2017)
4. Recommendation Letter from Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
5. Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
6. Language certificate (if applicable)
7. Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable)
8. Writing essay about purpose of study (in English or bahasa Indonesia with a maximum 500 words)
1. Students’ monthly stipend at PresUniv is IDR 2,450,000,-
2. Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
3. Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
4.Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
5. Students may seek assistance from President University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in
1. Online registration – December until February
2. Interview at related KBRI/KJRI – February until March
3. Selection by the University (online) – March until 7 April
4. Final announcement – April
5. Joining Darmasiswa confirmation – April until May
6. Flight itinerary confirmation –April until August
7. Estimated arrival and orientation at Indonesia – Late August